Saturday, June 12, 2010

Babies, babies and more babies!

We have been busy around the farm getting ready for the new barn! We have been doing lots of planning so we can get into the ground breaking part!

Our garden is finished and growing strong. We have quite a variety of plants this year. I still need to get my planter boxes filled with dirt and seeds. This year I have a few types of tomatoes, green peppers and jalapenos, 4 types of winter squash, pickling cucumbers, salad cucumbers, beans, peas, zucchini and okra. I have also planted cabbage, brussels spouts and eggplants, still waiting for them to sprout. In my planter boxes I have plants for spinach, lettuce, mustard greens, radishes and lots and lots of herbs!

Besides lots of planing and gardening we have been delivering babies. Coco had her babies on May 30. She had a chocolate doe and a black and white buck. The doe is named Aubrey and the buck is Archie.
Then Ava had her babies June 7. She had a black and white doe and black buck. These two have not yet been named.


All babies are doing well and enjoying exploring the world.